“Protocol of procedures of the Ministry of Aeronautics to document reports of UFO sightings [July 1985]” – translation below:
Ministry of Aeronautics – First Integrated Center for Air Defense and Air Traffic Control [CINDACTA I]
Issued: 15 July / Effective: 19 July
Subject: Information on Unidentified Flying Objects
“Whenever sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects are reported, the following procedures must be adopted:
1) Call the ACC-BS Chief Operational Team Officer;
2) Determine to the Treatment Supervisor the immediate recording of radar video;
3) Recognize in the PPI the plots possible to be correlated to UFOs, if chains initialize them;
4) Track the chains (tracks) associated with UFOs;
5) Survey all available weather information for the area:
CPA – TF-4 197
CM1-BR –TF-3 444
CM1-SP – TF-9-361
CM1-RJ –TF-3 0-63
Meteo Gamma Radar – TF-3 1-37
Meteo S Radar. Roque – TF-3 9-375
Meteo Couto Radar – TF-3 0-34
6) Obtain, through visualization, as much data as possible.
Radar Sao Roque
Santa Cruz Radar
Radar Belo Horizonte
7) Note the activation and end times of the activity;
8) For TF conversations, try to use only one console, if you receive TF on another console, note the sector and the time of the conversation;
9) Note the aircraft involved, as well as the ACC frequency used for reporting;
10) Determine that the radar operators of the Site, check the presence or not of plots on the “antenna foot”;
11) Request the Commanders of the aircraft as much data as possible;
12) Request data to fill in the attached questionnaire data;
NOTE: All documentation related to these facts will have the classification “CONFIDENTIAL”, therefore, it should not be registered in the LRO [Occurrence Book]. WWF-CAP ESP CTA / Head of CCTA / Approve: PRCV – TCEL AV-Operational Sub-commander.
- How and when did you first notice the objects?
- How many were there and in what position were they?
- Can you describe the object?
- Observation period and duration?
- Did the object change in appearance? changed color?
- Was he alone or accompanied? if so, by how many people?
- Distance from the observation point to the UFO?
- Existence of physical evidence (photography, film, samples)?
- Observation with the naked eye or with an optical device?
- Present weather conditions ?
- Observer’s personal data:
Degree of Education
Do you have technical knowledge [UFOs], if so, which ones?
NOTE: This questionnaire refers to information on the ground. When an aircraft reports, it must do so succinctly.
Cf. ARQUIVO NACIONAL (Brasil). Sistema de Informações do Arquivo Nacional (SIAN). Fundo ‘Objeto Voador Não Identificado (OVNI)’. Código de Referência BR DFANBSB ARX.0.0.240. “Informações sobre objetos voadores não identificados”. Brasília, DF. 1952 a 2015. Último acesso realizado em 27/05/2020.
The BRAZILIAN UFO ARCHIVES website is a private initiative and IS NOT endorsed or sponsored by the Arquivo Nacional do Brasil [see our ‘Info’ page]. *THE ORIGINAL FILE WITH THE CASE REFERRED TO IN THIS TEXT CAN BE FOUND IN THE DOCUMENTAL COLLECTION OF “ARQUIVO NACIONAL DO BRASIL, LOCATED IN THE “OBJETO VOADOR NÃO IDENTIFICADO (OVNI)” FUND, UNDER THE REFERENCE CODE [“Código de Referência”] MENTIONED ABOVE. HERE IS THE LINK TO SEARCH THEIR WEBSITE <