JUNE 2nd, 1989.
“São Paulo Regional Flight Protection Service.
COMMUNICATION RECORDING TRANSCRIPTION N.10 Tape. n. 21-A
REFERENCE: RD 46 / CRIP / 040589 SDOPV.
FROM 02 JUNE 1989
Parties involved: TAM573 and APP-SP
- 06: 28Z (TAM573) Control, Marília five seven three.
- (APP-SP) Five seven three, São Paulo, proceed
- (TAM573) Take off from Guarulhos, Bonsucesso climb.
- (APP-SP) Raise one six zero without restrictions, level reporting, three.
- (TAM573) Three. Ah, as soon as possible, do you authorize Bragança’s bow?
- (APP-SP) It’s authorized.
- (TAM573) Thank you.
- 06: 30Z (TAM573) Control, it’s the Five Seven Three.
- (APP-SP) Proceed three.
- (TAM573) Would it be possible to authorize the present’s bow of Campinas?
- (APP-SP) Positivo, authorized Campinas.
- (TAM573) Grateful
- 06: 46Z (APP-SP) Rio Sul Cinco Se …, yeah … Marília Cinco Sete three, control.
- (TAM573) Proceed.
- (APP-SP) Did Campinas pass, inform flight conditions?
- (TAM573) Visual conditions.
- (APP-SP) Affirmative. Notice at your twelve hours position, it is approximately one, eighteen miles. Let me know if you see anything.
- (TAM573) Wait.
- (TAM573) Negative, huh, Brasília!
- (APP-SP) Okay. Finesse is, looking at one is, below and above the route in front of you. We have a plot close to, Americana, northwest sector and has been in that sector for some time. Tell me if you see anything?
- 06: 47Z (TAM573) Wait.
(TAM573) Ah, negative, huh, Brasília! You can’t see it, see? Are we in a totally positive visual condition?
- (APP-SP) Okay, thank you for your attention, continue to rise to level one six zero
- (TAM573) Okay. We’re going to … keep watching, uh … exactly 12 hours?
- (APP-SP) Okay, now it’s 1-hour, 1-hour position. It maintains the American sector and approximately fourteen miles from its aircraft.
- 06: 48Z (TAM573) Okay. We still don’t see it; anything, shall we call it, positive? o, the level would be aa … below or above?
- (APP-SP) We do not have an altitude indication.
- 06: 49Z (TAM573) Control, it’s the Five Seven Three
- 06: 50Z (APP-SP) Confirm?
- (TAM573) It is Five Seven Three
- (APP-SP) Okay seven three, proceed.
- (TAM573) Okay, are you still with … in the 1-hour position? ooo ..
- (APP-SP) Positive. It is in its 1-hour position, it is now seven miles from your aircraft, approximately 4 and a half miles in the northwest sector of Americana.
- 06: 51Z (APP-SP) Okay, seven three. Is it now exactly to your right, positive? At its crossroad, it is three miles to your right … the Five Seven Three.
- (TAM573) Does 573 inform that it sees nothing, positive?
- (APP-SP) Affirmative, Aware control, thank you, keeping the level of six zero, now call the Brasília Center. Frequency 1 6 0, good trip, Five Seven Three.
- 06: 52Z (TAM573) Seven three.
- (TAM573) Brasília, Marília Five Seven Three.
- (TAM573) Brasília, Marília Five Seven Three.
- (APP-SP) Okay, Marília, Control.
- (TAM573) Okay. Now heading … four o’clock, approximately, four miles, the Five Seven Three sees a strong, positive flash? Yeah, for now … a normal light, a little greenish positive for now? It appears and disappears momentarily.
- (APP-SP) Positive, Five Seven Three. Affirmative. It is exactly in the reported position.
- (TAM573) Okay. The Five Seven Three now reports five-o’clock position, continues sighting.
- 06: 53Z (APP-SP) Affirmative. Is it below your aircraft?
- (TAM573) Affirmative, huh. Right below the aircraft.
- (APP-SP) Okay Five Seven Three, I thank you for your collaboration, now call Brasília one two three decimal seven, Marília Five Seven Three.
- 06: 54Z (TAM573) Okay Brasília, passing to Centro Brasília a two three seven, positive? Oo, is it still in the same position, in your scope?
- (APP-SP) Affirmative. Remains in the same position.
- (TAM573) Okay. Oo … just to complement your information, o Marília Cinco Sete Três spotted approximately one … a few miles, the approximate diameter would be about fifty meters, positive?
- (APP-SP) Positive Five Seven Three. Aware.
- (TAM573) Okay oo … are you allowed to do a three six zero here to observe?
- (APP-SP) Affirmative Five Seven Three. Positive.
- 06: 56Z (APP-SP) Cinco Sete Três still watching?
- (TAM573) Confirm that you are in the position … approximately 3 hours from Five Seven Three now?
- (APP-SP) Positive. You are now completing the right turn, check?
- (TAM573) Affirmative. If it is a 3 hours position, we have the object in view now, we will try to go over to check it better.
- (APP-SP) Positive. Aware.
- 06: 58Z (APP-SP) Okay, Five Seven Three, for my presentation it is now twelve-hours, four miles ahead of you.
- (TAM573) Twelve hours?
- (APP-SP) Yeah. 12 to 11 hours, a little to your left.
- (TAM573) Ah, positive. Now, we’re not seeing it, okay?
- (APP-SP) Aware.
- 06: 59Z (APP-SP) Okay, Five Seven Three, now 9 hours.
- (TAM573) The Cinco Sete Três is not sighted, and as previously reported, aa, aa light, in the shape of a circle … it first appeared white, then green with approximately aaa .., depending on our altitude some fifty meters from diameter, positive? now it remains completely off.
- (APP-SP) Positive. I receive the information, on the primary plot, it is also intermittent … the impression it gives is that it varies in altitude. When he descends on one, we lose contact with the radar and sometimes he appears with a glow of five. Now it’s … it’s right behind your aircraft now. It is approximately five miles behind you.
- 07: 00Z (TAM573) Okay, we are going to return to route e and, as soon as we pass the crossbar, if we see you, we will inform you, otherwise we will call Brasília a two seven three, positive?
- (APP-SP) Positive. Positive. Control aware. So stay listening, you are turning left now, right?
- (TAM573) Turning right.
- (APP-SP) Right aware. Okay. Aware
- 07: 01Z (APP-SP) Aware, Five Seven Three. I now have the return, it is exactly to your right, approximately seven miles.
- (TAM573) Okay, let’s try to see.
- 07: 02Z (TAM573) Negative, huh control! No more sighted.
- (APP-SP) Positive Five Seven Three. Control Aware, thank you very much and call now Brasilia one two three point seven and good trip, okay?
- 07: 03Z (TAM573) Good service.
Cf. ARQUIVO NACIONAL (Brasil). Sistema de Informações do Arquivo Nacional (SIAN). Fundo ‘Objeto Voador Não Identificado (OVNI)’. Código de Referência BR DFANBSB ARX.0.0.273. “Questionário sobre ocorrência de objeto voador não identificado na região próxima a Americana, Estado de São Paulo”. Brasília, DF. 1952 a 2015. Último acesso realizado em 27/05/2020.
The BRAZILIAN UFO ARCHIVES website is a private initiative and IS NOT endorsed or sponsored by the Arquivo Nacional do Brasil [see our ‘Info’ page]. *THE ORIGINAL FILE WITH THE CASE REFERRED TO IN THIS TEXT CAN BE FOUND IN THE DOCUMENTAL COLLECTION OF “ARQUIVO NACIONAL DO BRASIL, LOCATED IN THE “OBJETO VOADOR NÃO IDENTIFICADO (OVNI)” FUND, UNDER THE REFERENCE CODE [“Código de Referência”] MENTIONED ABOVE. HERE IS THE LINK TO SEARCH THEIR WEBSITE <